Tuesday, August 29, 2017

He is mine.

we love our spouses.
or sometimes we don't but only for a short while.
while we figure out what we don't love about them we only figure out why we love them that much more.
I married Garth when I was 17.
Think what you were doing at 17?
I see people at 17 and think NO WAY. please don't get married you can not grasp that kind of affection.  
It was hard. I don't think I new exactly what I was doing. I don't think that I understood what it meant to LOVE someone like that.
I'm 26 now and we will have our 9th wedding anniversary in October.
everyday is a struggle with something.
kids, pets, house issues, family drama, friends
but I never struggle with how much I care about garth.
I know he will always be there. I've never doubted his loyalty.
he is a great friend, to those who have talked behind his back and to those who have done him wrong. he never says anything bad or mean about anyone.
so,, in honor of loving our spouse here are a few verses to pray over your husband. try for 3 or even 30 days not to say anything negative about your spouse.

  1. Ephesians 4:1-2
  2. Ephesians 5:25-29
  3. Proverbs 22:29
  4. Psalm 46:11
  5. Jeremiah 29:11
P.S don't think I'm perfect because I am in no way. I sometimes catch myself judging others and I know its wrong. that I don't always follow our savior. but I feel like maybe I can help others who are like me that aren't perfect either. if you find yourself in a situation where you would like to discuss anything I'm always up for a friendly conversation. about anything really :)




No comments:

Post a Comment